Who We Are
CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only provides services to children and youth living with a range of complex medical and behaviour diagnoses, but also specializes in supporting the transition of youth with disabilities into adulthood.
CarePros is a highly awarded organization with accolades including the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Diversity, the 2020 Alberta Business Award of Distinction for Young Entrepreneur, as well as achieving Number 13 on the Canadian Business Startup List for 2020. With a combined 50+ years of management experience, CarePros has successfully grown its capacity and service offerings to provide 400,000+ hours of care across 300+ families over the last several years.
We are currently looking to hire a Child and Youth Care Worker in Edmonton, AB. This will be a temporary/casual employment opportunity. We currently have needs for days and evening hours for 2-10 pm. The successful applicant must have the ability to be flexible in scheduling, and available for scheduling any day of the week.
Who You Are
As a Child and Youth Care Worker, you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of child and youth care mental wellness practices and the processes and procedures involved in providing effective home care.
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid techniques needed to assess and treat injuries.
- Experience with Addiction and Mental Health
- Knowledge of Harm Reduction Model, Holistic Approach to Promote Stability, and Trauma Informed Care
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence based best and emerging practices for substance use treatment and support recovery services, homelessness, and the ability to effectively implement into practice.
- Proficiency in the English language, with the ability to comprehend instructions and communicate in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to actively listen, identify needs, and provide solutions to the client.
- Recognize and understand emotions and handle situations with empathy.
- Build and maintain cooperative and constructive relationships.
- A post-secondary education specializing in Child and Youth Care or a related field. Related fields include a diploma, degree, or certificate in Social Work, Psychology, community addictions or mental health, follow-up support work, or education
- 1-3 years experience working with people with disabilities.
Other qualifications include:
- You are certified in First Aid and certified as a CPR Level C.
- You have a valid and current Class 5 Drivers License and proper vehicle insurance coverage.
- You have passed a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- You have the physical wellness and mental health awareness to handle daily exercise routine and other requirements as prescribed by the care plan and a high capacity for managing stressful situations.
We thank everyone for applying, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.